Friday, August 15, 2008

Olympic challenge


Being a bit of a non-conformist, instead of joining the Ravelry challenge or any of the other Olympic challenges that happen to be going, I made the decision to challenge myself to finish as many UFO's and WIP's during the games as possible.

Perhaps it was a little less rebellion and a bit more guilt about the state of my UFO pile but, nevertheless, I just couldn't cast on something new without feeling like a flibbertygibbet or a gad-about.


In that quest, I've managed to finish two pairs of socks since the Olympics have started. Both were part of the Year In Socks challenge and now I am only 2 months behind in socks. While I'm on a UFO finishing quest for the duration of the Olympics, I have already selected yarn and am going through patterns so that I can cast on the July challenge as soon as the Olympics are over. I'm also mulling over the August and September rules and making some plans. The idea of finishing 7 pairs of socks in 5 months is certainly intimidating but doable.

Kinda like the women's gymnastics all around competition last night. While Nastia and Shawn seemed to be getting the short end of the scoring stick in the first two rounds (what the h*** was up with that???), they still managed to stay focused and win the gold and silver. WTG, girls!


Anyway, I'm well on my way to finishing Dancing Diva's ballet shrug and my new hockey vest, so stay tuned for updates on more UFO elimination rounds in the week to come.

Go, USA!!!

4 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Good for you, weaving in all those loose ends.

Guinifer said...

I will be very surprised if we don't hear more about the scoring inequities in the months so come...

Sheepish Annie said...

I'm not even watching the Olympics so I guess it's OK that I haven't finished as much these days. I am most impressed with your progress, though! Maybe there is something to this whole "sports" thing...

RandomRanter said...

Hey, WIP wrestling counts to. Great job!