Monday, September 21, 2009

Another Blog Blob Sighting

In the spirit of the proliferation of blob sightings on a popular blog, I present my own shapeless blob of knitting for your viewing pleasure:

While I'll admit that you can see the rudimentary shapes of sleeves to come, the very blackness of the yarn, combined with the somewhat too short needle, should qualify this project as a blob. At least for the time being.

The endless rows of black stockinette are taking their toll on this intrepid knitter. I can't help but fantasize about soft pink yarn, tweedy purple yarn, or even the bargain pumpkin orange yarn that are all marinating in my stash at the moment. But Dancing Diva is living up to her reputation of holding Mom's nose to the grindstone and making me a monogamous knitter. At least for as long as I am working on a project for her ROYAL HIGHNESS.

(sigh)

Well, at least I can enjoy the temporary distraction of ongoing home improvements that are continuing at a rapid pace here at Chez Construction Central.

See my pretty new front door? Isn't it lovely?

(Edited to add: We're getting a new stucco front for our house, too. They have been pounding away all day, putting up the mesh screen stuff. I'm slowly being driven mad by the noise!)

3 comments:

livnletlrn said...

Hey, who won the lottery at your house?

Just kidding. I know there's lots of hard work behind it all. New kitchen counters, exterior remodeling...nice stuff!

Leah made that exact sweater a while back. It's a great pattern.

Guinifer said...

Wow - the new front door looks great!

(nice blob)

Sheepish Annie said...

That is a fine looking blob! I can see in it far more progress than I've managed of late!

The door looks great. I love that style. It looks so elegant!!