Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Let the Dancing Begin!


The Christmas Gift of 2008 is now complete. A teenage Dancing Diva feels completely loved and embraced by her mother and all is well with the world.

The whoop I let out when I finished did manage to terrify the cats and cause Hockeyman to holler out, "WHAT?" I guess my celebration should have been more dancing and less whooping.

As a reward for toughing it out and finishing the blanket, I am going to cast on a new project for myself. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect summer T pattern. I am really intrigued by the whole top-down concept, so I'm looking specifically for something in that style. I recently ordered some 100% cotton yarn in a lovely ballet pink that I'm just dying to cast on.

I'm open to suggestions. In the meantime, back to the search . . .

5 comments:

livnletlrn said...

wowza, man, that's a lot of knitting! wrapped in love, for sure!

Guinifer said...

Ab-So-Lutely gorgeous! I hope she is appropriately grateful. Yum!

Rani said...

Congratulations! That is, indeed, the perfect example of a labor of love.

good luck finding that perfect pattern.

The natural knitter said...

Hi - just read your blog and I have a perfect summer T I'm working on right now. I have a photo on my blog but it's done in wool and a fuzzy color. It has shaping and is quick and easy. I'm going to keep blogging about it but if you'd like to see the pattern let me know. Bonny

RandomRanter said...

Amazing. Truly amazing.