Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ravelympics Progress


After all that soul searching, poll taking and decision making, you'd think I'd have a clear goal for the Ravelry Olympics. After all, I spent weeks agonizing over which sweater to attempt. I spent 2 weeks drafting and rewriting the chosen project's pattern. I even fussed a bit at my husband when he surprised me with a dinner invitation on Friday night, when I'd planned to cast on with the thousands of other Raveletes during the opening ceremonies.

So what did I do . . .

Started a different project and finished it - all before I was 6 inches into my Ravelympic project.

Granted, this is a special gift for a lovely little girl who invited Peeps to her birthday party on Friday. Being a American Girl Doll fanatic, it only made sense that I could whip up a sweater set for her favorite doll. And I certainly did whip through this project.

Cast on Monday night at about 5:00 pm. Finished knitting everything by 10 pm Tuesday night. I finished the buttons at 9:00 am this morning (Wednesday). I used some Deborah Norville yarn I had in my stash and made up the sweater pattern, hat pattern and scarf as I went. I also invented little crocheted flowers to embellish everything. I am going to put this project up on Ravelry as an Olympic project, too, even though it is going to be a last minute entry. After all, I did start and finish it within the required time frame.


However, now I am back on track with my original Ravelympic project. It is moving along fairly smoothly but I am concerned that 5 of the original 14 days has already passed. I am really going to have to buckle down and focus if I'm going to cross the finish line in time.

And pray that no one else has a birthday party invite for my girls in the next 2 weeks.

Gotta go for the Gold!

1 comment:

Rani said...

Ooooooh, so far so good. The sweater looks really really pretty! I love the pink color.

I have just recently discovered the whole 'knitting for your American Girl doll'. In fact, the reason I picked up a crochet needle was because Belle's doll character can crochet. Belle wants to learn, so there it is.

Good luck and may the Olympic force be with you.