Monday, December 06, 2010

Christmas Gifts Part 1


Still a busy little beaver around here. I managed to finish my Starter training for USA Swimming this past weekend so I am now officially a Starter. Thank you very much.


Thankfully, our homeschool academy wrapped up it's Fall Semester and we have one less activity on the calendar for the time being. I taught Beginning Knitting and it was a blast. This group of young girls was an exciting group.


Finally, still frantically knitting away on Christmas gifts. Alas, the FO I have to show today has been long anticipated and will NOT be a surprise on Christmas morning. But Airman is very happy with it. In fact, he is sleeping under it nightly.
Nothing like having a knitted gift be thoroughly appreciated by the recipient. One down, 6 or more to go. Yikes!

5 comments:

Rani said...

What a great blanket! That is quite an FO. I think it should count as several...

sheep#100 said...

Bang!

Oops, sorry. Congrats.

Shirley Goodwin said...

I'm not going to get my knitting finished for Xmas, but that's just how it is - I am making a wee neckwarmer for my daughter out of merino and silk. At least it's summer here!

Ellen said...

Starter training, eh? You do know I'm a master swimmer right? But I do have a few form "eccentricities" that I might need to consult you about someday.

Hope your Christmas was Merry and your New Year is peaceful!

Vellegazelle said...

Just remember as you're home-schooling, that the ONLY time to use the spelling "it's" is when you separate it into "it is" (which is what the contraction is short for) and your sentence still makes sense.