Saturday, November 04, 2006

Catching my breath and catching up.




Whew! What a whirlwind week! Finally, a quick breather and an update. While frantically running around, I did get a little knitting done in the small snippets of time afforded a frantic homeschooling hockey/dance mom.

I officially have two and 1/2 pairs out of four planned pairs of slippers completed, with thoughts of expanding the total number by who knows how many. This pattern is really working up so fast and it is easy, now that I have the format of the structure figured out. With Sunday School teachers, dance teachers and hockey coaches to get thank you gifts for, the idea of whipping out slippers is very appealing. Since I have a huge stash of 100% wool worsted weight yarn I picked up for my knitting machine on clearance at $10 a cone last year in a bunch of colors, there would be virtually no added expense for me to make these this year. Clickety, clickety, whirrrr goes the brain as I try to figure out how many gifts I could make . . . And talk about the stash reduction this would result in. My DH would be in 7th heaven if I could get rid of the pile of coned yarn in my craft closet.

The blankets are a pair for twins due any time now. They were made from some lovely hand-dyed mohair boucle and hand-painted sock yarn, mixed with some of that coned yarn in white in a simple chevron pattern. I reversed the color stripes between the two blankets, so they were slightly different. They are deliberately layered so you can see one chevron of each colorway. They're going in the wash today, so they can be blocked and ready to be wrapped. I figured if Mom peeks now, she'll be okay, since she knows she's getting blankets from me, since I'm lousy at keeping secrets.

The socks are the ones started for Socktoberfest that never got finished. I was so engrossed with mastering the 2 in 1 process that they were the only completed socks I could truly boast of starting and finishing October. But socks are a year-round thing for me, so they will go on.

Now, I've been meaning to do this MEME for sometime but just now got around to it. So here it is:

48 Things You Could Care Less About

1. FIRST NAME? Lorraine
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Not that I know of.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Yesterday – a young man sang at our Academy and I teared up.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? When I pay attention, yes. When I’m rushed, no way!
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Roast beef.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I really don’t know. I’m quirky and a bit weird.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? I have in the past but don’t currently.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? No.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I might, in the right context.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Coco Wheats (hot cereal)
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No way. I’m always too rushed.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically, no. Emotionally, yes.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Plain old chocolate.
14. SHOE SIZE? 8-1/2
15. RED OR PINK? Deep, dark red
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I can’t put names to faces and I’m a very scattered conversationalist and easily distracted in crowds. Makes me socially awkward in public.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My departed cat Joey.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Go for it.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? I’m in an old black and red velour full-length gown that I recycled into a nightgown because I never attend formal events and the stretchy velour dress is a much more glamorous and sexy warm nightgown than anything else I’ve seen in the stores. No socks or shoes, just a red cardigan with pearl buttons over the nightgown to give it some class.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Tapioca pudding (I woke up with a migraine and tapioca soothes my upset tummy)
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? DD#3 blow up a beach ball.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Red.
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Roses
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My DH.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? The face – probably because I can never put a name to them.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? I just found fellow Minnesotan Cori’s blog, so I’m just getting to know her. But who can help liking someone with such a cute baby.
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Coffee with lots of cream and Splenda.
28. FAVORITE SPORT? Hockey – Go Wild and Gophers!
29. EYE COLOR? Brown
30. HAT SIZE? No clue.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Glasses only.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Depends on what I’m craving. Right now, a good steak.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? I hate scary movies. Happy endings all the way.
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Tough choice, but summer, I guess.
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Nothing beats a warm hug.
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Kentucky Butter Cake
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I have no idea.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? ???
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? In the Minds Eye by Thomas G. West and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? St. Thomas Alumni Association.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Gopher Hockey – They won!
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Worship music, guitar, piano.
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Rolling Stones.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? California or Arizona - I don't know the mileage.
46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I can read upside down and backwards. No, seriously, I used to sing a lot. I also used to design costumes, quilts and currently teach knitting and other art classes to homeschooled kids.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Riverside, California.
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I stole it from Cori.

Now, I've done a little checking but I can't figure out where #34 went. Anyone else know?

1 comment:

Sheepish Annie said...

I've heard several people note that they were missing a question in this meme. It just faded away somewhere!

That's an impressive pile of FOs! Especially when you factor in how busy you've been lately! Nice work.