Saturday, March 24, 2007

Samus DONE!




Samus is officially done. I'd be lying if I said I was 100% happy with the sleeves. They are still a little too full for my taste but when I sewed them into the armholes, they fit perfectly. So removing more width would have resulted in needing to ease the armhole to the smaller sleeve, which would have looked even worse. To compensate, I did knit a couple shoulder pads and added them to the sweater, just to add a little lift to the shoulders and pull out some of the wrinkles.

I love the grosgrain ribbon I chose for the finishing of the zipper. It adds a little punch of color to an otherwise subtle heather blue yarn. I'm wearing Samus to Hockeyboy's game this afternoon. I think it will be the perfect weight to keep me warm at the rink.

Until HB's game, I'm off to watch the Gophers! Let's Play Hockey!!!!!

4 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Wow!!! You did a great job! Wear it with pride.

livnletlrn said...

Oh, Lori, it's GORGEOUS. What a fantastic save with the sleeves, and soooo worth the effort! Go HB team! :-)

cyndy said...

Beautiful! Love it! (esp. the color!)

Guinifer said...

The sweater turned out just beautifully!

I thought hb was done? Is this the Spring league?

I have just finished my gazillionth Gopher heart attack and now I am forgetting about them until next year. Good. Grief!