Friday, October 26, 2007

Alas, another brief encounter


We're off and running for another fun filled evening of kids' events but a quick post to show that some knitting is getting done around here.

The finished balaclava for Hockeyman was a rousing hit. I started the project with some leftover Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. It was clear early on it would not be enough. Unfortunately, they didn't have the same yarn in stock but a quick label check resulted in three classic camo shades of Classic Yarns Cashsoft DK, which had the almost identical fiber content. The ribbing around the face is a bit loose but the cap has not been washed and blocked yet, so I'm hoping a little soap and agitation will tighten that up nicely.

The leftovers are slated for some fingerless gloves for HM. And as you can see by the bareness of the trees in the background, these winter wear items are not going to be ready any too soon.

5 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Boy, I could have used one of those yesterday while I was raging and rampaging through the day! I honestly wish I could have remained incognito for that...

It's going to be perfect for HB's head this winter, too! With the temperatures dropping, a warm noggin is a good thing.

Guinifer said...

Even under that handsome hat I can see the smile on Hockeyman's face! What a cutie.

Ellen said...

That would be good for wearing under a bike helmet. We are going riding tomorrow and it's always a pain - how to be warm AND safe at the same time!

Bubblie said...

I really like the colors! That worked out nicely. It will be perfect for pond hockey!

Rani said...

That comment from Bubblie was me, Rani. Sorry about that.