Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Feather & Fan


Busy day ahead but I had to make a quick post to answer a question about the newest sweater on the needles.

I chose a very simple Feather and Fan lace pattern and am making a simple sheath type sweater. The swatch turned out quite lovely and I'm hoping that once the sweater is off the somewhat short needle, the lace will block out and make a stunning holiday sweater.

This is a 16 stitch repeat. I am knitting this in the round, so if you choose to knit flat, I've noted the need to purl on the even rounds.

After casting on number of stitches needed and working 4 rows of garter stitch:

Round 1: *Yo, K1, Yo, K1, Yo, SSK, SSK, (Slip 2 stitches together knitwise, K1, P2sso), K2tog, K2tog, Yo, K1, Yo, K1, Yo, K1.* Repeat between *.
Round 2: Knit (Purl for flat knitting)
Round 3: Knit
Round 4: Knit (Purl for flat knitting)

That's all there is to the lace pattern. I'll keep you posted on this sweaters ability to keep the mojo home at nights.

3 comments:

Rani said...

Hooray! It's back. The sweater is going to be beautiful - the color/drape looks lovely.

Guinifer said...

It sure is pretty - but I am not visualizing well this morning. I'll be interested to see how it finishes up. I really do love the colors.

Sheepish Annie said...

I love the F 'n F stitch! I even managed to pull that one off once...surprising, I know! I love the colors in that swatch. I think it will make for a nice sweater!