Monday, January 21, 2008

Living up to the hype!


Well, the Maine Morning Mitts are done and they certainly lived up to the billing as an instant gratification project. I cast on at 9:30 last night, worked for a couple hours before going to sleep, then picked them up again this morning and finished them before lunch.

You might notice, if you look closely, a distinct colored groove on my index finger. Once again, I've knit hand-dyed yarn so long that I've developed a semi-permanent tattoo. Believe it or not, this mark remains even after a long, hot, soaking bath this morning.

I'm a marked woman.

4 comments:

Guinifer said...

At least your mark matches your mitt.

Sheepish Annie said...

Hee hee! I looooove the MMMs! You are now a convert. There is no going back. And, if you have to have a yarn tattoo, then you might as well have one in a very pretty color...

sheep#100 said...

Another knitter bites the mitt dust...I still blame the Sheep.

Rani said...

Between you and Guinifer - the speed with which you knit is amazing! (and sew and teach and act and . . . )

I love the color of the mitts. They look perfect for knitting in the cold.