Sunday, January 27, 2008

What a roller coaster weekend!

Congratulations, Consolation Champions!

The boys had a rough start to the tourney, losing their first game in a shoot out. However, they managed to come back and win the next 3 games (all nail biters - eek) and take the Championship in the Consolation Bracket. The final game was won in a sudden-death, 4-on-4 overtime. The battle for this trophy was hard-fought, the win well-earned, and the pride in this trophy most understandable. I think you can see from the boys' faces how good they feel about this one. Maybe a little . . .

Another high note, I finished my version of the Dreamwalker Socks today. I know it's a lousy picture but the penalty for going to the championship game is having the afternoon game time. Which means the bus trip home got us here way past nightfall and, thus, left with lousy lighting for pictures. I'll have to do a post with decent FO photos soon. In the meantime, isn't the flashing of the colors on these socks so cool!

I no longer have much of a voice, due to some hootin' and hollerin' this weekend but I think it was a small price to pay for such a fabulous tournament experience.

Woot!!!!

5 comments:

livnletlrn said...

Yay, HM! WTG!!

sheep#100 said...

Yay, Hockey Man and team!

Rani said...

Hats off to Hockey Boy! Lovin' the socks! The colors are making me dream of spring time.

Enjoy the warm day!!!

Guinifer said...

Yay HM! I knew they'd pull off a great tournament!

We had a successful weekend as well - with a 4-0 shutout against Burnsville. Puck is now the "Animal of the Dump Drills" - as they are trying to teach the kids alternatives to Checking from Behind!!!!!!

That sock? Is blinding me in its brilliance. Excellent.

Sheepish Annie said...

Wow! Congrats to HM and the whole team. Nicely done!!