Friday, May 23, 2008

New projects


With decent weather FINALLY upon us, we've kicked our landscaping/gardening activities up a notch.

This project was started last year, with the removal of sod and enlargement of the vegetable/flower garden in back. Right now, I'm in the process of laying down landscape fabric and mulch in the flower bed portion of the garden.

I'm not sure if we'll get the white picket fence of my dreams in this year, as the garden budget is fast disappearing. But if sweat equity means anything, we may manage it yet.

In fiber news, the Malabrigo burned a hole in my stash and I just had to cast on. I decided on the Tweedy Vest from Knitscene. Until it gets too long and heavy, it will be my kwitting project for now.

Well, time to get back to the gardening. Ta ta for now!

4 comments:

livnletlrn said...

I think we're having a low tech, pretend-we're-camping sort of weekend right here at home, so we'll be outside a lot too. Like you, there's plenty to keep us busy out there, should we so choose. The forecast is stellar. Enjoy!

Tonyia said...

What a gorgeous back yard! I'm very envious. Seems like we can hardly keep ahead of the mowing...

Ellen said...

That is a lovely garden plot - is that brick around the top? My husband has put in the sidewalks and patios at all our houses over the years and that's always the heartbreaking, bad language part of gardening. So, he's the hard ware guy and I am the soft ware (plants) part of team. Do you have a separate vegetable area?

Guinifer said...

So pretty - garden & knitting!