Thursday, October 19, 2006

SAY IT AIN'T SO!

Oh, my WORD! Was I dreaming or what? Did it really happen? Did Jeffrey actually win Project Runway last night or what! There is definite chagrin in this household. My children are especially disappointed because they are still young enough to believe that good behavior should be rewarded and bad behavior should be punished. Jeffrey's foul mouth and less than gentlemanly behavior toward Angela's mother caused them to be repelled by him early on.

I myself was not drawn to his clothing early on but knew that the show was about design and not about personality. In fact, the popularity of the show was driven by the conflict and personality issues on the show, so the "Sturm and drang" was probably somewhat tailored (pun intended) by the designer selection process. However, given the last minute accusations of cheating, I doubted he'd even be allowed to show.

In all fairness, his clothing line was the best overall collection. I loved Laura's evening wear but it did lack the scope a full collection needs. Michael was a complete disappointment because he went trashy and too skimpy. Uli ran a close second but her line just didn't have the same WOW factor that Jeffrey's did. So, hats off to Jeffrey. Well done. But stop swearing so much - it's annoying. And apologize to Angela's mom.

3 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

I am planning a lengthy rant on the subject of Jeffery's win sometime over the weekend. It needs time to "simmer." Then I will cut loose with a blog post that will vent my feelings on the matter. It was not a dream...rather a nightmare.

umm...I sorta didn't care for Jeffery. You probably can't tell from my ravings. ;)

Guinifer said...

I totally agree with you about Jeffery's collection, also about his behavior - just rude.

Donna said...

As a decent human being, I think Jeffrey leaves a LOT to be desired. Potty mouth I can handle (to a point) but the way he treated Angela's mom wasn't just offensive & rude, it was mean & hurtful. That being said, I think his collection was the most cohesive & I truly believe he deserved to win. I still wouldn't buy any of his clothes, though.
PS Now it's Top Chef-this season looks like it's going to be better than the last!