Sunday, January 14, 2007

A good day - a very good day

The title is a bit of an understatement. It has actually been a pretty fantastic day. On the hockey front, the boys managed to pull out a last second over-time win to head into the championship game tomorrow in the hockey tournament.

My boy got a beautiful assist on the first goal of the game. What made it all the sweeter for this mom is that he passed it to the least experienced player on the team, a most unselfish move on his part and it paid off. Our substitute goalie (third since our regular goalie broke his arm) this game sped in from another game on the other side of the cities and managed to play a spectacular game. The boys were fighting hard against fatigue and pulled it off the win with panache. Kudos to the whole team!

Then I got to have a little non-UFO knitting fun. A dance friend asked me to recreate a simple little mitten pattern from an existing mitten. The originial pair was purchased in Iceland and one was recently lost. Since it has such special meaning, the mom wants to make a new pair for her daughter. A little research and a little sample knitting and I've whipped up a quick pattern for an adorable little Icelandic mitten. If I can figure out how to create a link to the pattern, I'll add it to my sidebar. And if we get some daylight, I'll post a picture of the little mitten that inspired the whole day's adventure.

All in all, I'd say it was a very good day! Championship game tomorrow. I suspect tomorrow will be a great day, too!

2 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Great job, young skaters!

And a virtual twin is a complement, not creepy.

Sheepish Annie said...

Congrats to the team and to your son for not only playing well, but for understanding what it means to be a member of a team. That had to be a pretty proud moment.

Isn't it nice to have such a great weekend? It's like a gift! Good luck tomorrow! I hope the weather holds.