Sunday, May 20, 2007

Dance (recital) Fever

A quick post from the land of dancing Fairy Godmothers, Evil Step-sisters and Cinderellas (and the odd hip hop, jazz and tap routine).

I haven't dropped completely off the face of the earth, just have been hanging out in the unreal world of recital weekend.

I've spent anywhere from 5 to 10 hours a day at the theater since Thursday afternoon, most of it on my feet, volunteering. Today is our last day, with at least 8 hours to be logged at the theater - oi!

On the knitting front, I did get to start Stealth Project Pas De Deux (little ballet lingo there) in the odd down time minutes at the theater. I've cast on the usual "two-at-a-time-toe-up set-up" and have two rows of toe increases before I move on to the instep stitch pattern. Not much progress for 30 hours of theater time but you take what you can get when you're a dancer's Mom. I have an entire hour today where I'm NOT working, only supervising DD#2 in the waiting room, so hopefully I'll have more progress to report tomorrow.

In the meantime, here is a picture of my latest garden additions. For Mother's Day, my husband bought me two hydrangea plants for my perennial garden. I'm hoping they do okay where I've planted them. They are considered a tender perennial in this area, so they'll require some extra TLC to survive the winter. I planted them on the south side of my house, so they're in full sun, not optimal for this partial shade plant, but it will protect them in the winter. If they don't thrive there, I'll move them this fall, I guess.


I have more gardening project photos but no more time to post. Time to doll up some dancers. Exit stage left.

2 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

You are the best Mom! Seriously...I don't know how you do it all. Hockey, dance, teaching...and you still knit!

Mother's Day was invented for Moms like you. I was very lucky in life to have a similar mother and don't think I'm not grateful every single day. Enjoy those hydrangeas!

Rani said...

I love those hydrangea. I bought a Blue Nikko a fews years back and it barely survives each winter. Hot sunny days, I actually have to park an umbrella over the poor thing because it will wilt so pathetically.

Thanks for all your help at the recital! That is so kind of you to give up your time like that. Hope you had a wonderful, wonderful Mothers Day!