Finally, the photo of my FO. Details:
Pattern: Widdershins Remix. In other words, the basic Widdershins toe up formula with my own variation: in this case, a 1x1 rib on the cuff.
Yarn: One skein of Sockotta by Plymouth Yarn (414 yards). This is a cotton/superwash wool/nylon blend that is space dyed to form the pseudo Fair Isle pattern. I ended up with a small quantity of leftover yarn, only because I wanted these socks to cuff and I'd reached the desired length with yarn to spare.
I have to agree with Livenletlrn and Leah about this yarn. There is a harshness to this yarn that makes it somewhat uncomfortable to knit. However, I am going to reserve final judgement until I've seen how they wear. That very quality that makes it less fun to knit with may be exactly what makes these socks ultra-durable.
I don't include needle size because I invariably use at least 2 sizes down from what most patterns call for. I'd hate for anyone to attempt to match MY gauge because it is so out of whack. The gauge ended up being 6.5 sts and 13 rows to the inch. The socks are a tad looser than I like. I prefer to knit this pattern at 8 sts to the inch but this is the gauge I got with my usual needles, so, like, whatever . . .
What is that bias swatch in the photo? One of three bias squares made from the leftover Sockotta yarn. I decided to use up all the dribs and drabs of leftover sock yarn to make bias squares. I don't know what I'll do with them yet but I've got numerous tiny little balls of leftovers to play with. Perhaps I'll make one of these or a variation of this. Or maybe a bag of some sort. Or maybe I'll just collect them to play with, like a puzzle. For now, I'm just having fun busting the leftovers' stash.
Now for the progress report: Ribbon Cardigan is progressing, slowly but surely. I've cast on for both fronts and have about eight inches done, so far. I've made this my knit-at-home project. The twisty nature of the ribbon and the mental concentration it takes to manage armhole/v-neck decreases on two pieces at once makes it too hard to manage elsewhere. My Pomatomas socks are on hold as I have two stealth projects in the works that have deadlines in June/July. So much knitting is going on but little I can actually photograph - yet.
Garden photos will probably dominate the next few posts, since my perennials are just now beginning to blossom. I've also been working hard on a new garden project, which has taken many, many hours (and pain tablets) and promises to keep me busy for many months (and years) to come. Stay tuned . . .
P.S. Thanks for all the positive comments on the Kumihimo post. I never know if my written instructions are clear enough to be understood.