Saturday, December 16, 2006

Mama has a booboo

Been off the computer a few days with a back injury. Started Wednesday when my back went into spasms during Bible study. I've had back spasms before but this time something went wrong and my sciatic got involved. Sitting at a desk is nearly impossible.

Fortunately, knitting is still possible. The scarf that matches the double knit hat is done, a last-minute pair of slippers that were added to my to-do list are finished and I've started the hand-quilting a gift for my Dad and his wife. I'll post some pictures later, when it's daylight and I can snap a few. In the meantime, I'm on a cocktail of cortisone, pain-killers and muscle-relaxants from the doctor and prayer from friends and family. Pray that I heal before we need to travel for the holidays. A 5-hour ride in the car to visit family does not seem feasible at the moment. Much less sitting and catching up with other bloggers. I miss you guys.

2 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Back injuries are the worst. They affect all the core muscles and you are pretty much down for the count! Rest and follow the doctor's orders. This is non-negotiable, young lady!!! I suspect you are the type to try and do too much too soon or think that you can manage without the muscle relaxants... Give yourself the gift of rest now so that you can enjoy the holiday pain free!

I am a highly maternal Sheep under certain circumstances. Grin and bear it...I mean well! ;)

livnletlrn said...

#1 focus: Rest and recover.

The rest can wait, be done by others, or done without.