Saturday, December 23, 2006

Oh my - almost done!!!!

My back is marginally better. I can walk with relative ease but bending over is still not possible and I have started physical therapy.


In the meantime, I am plugging away on the last of the Christmas gifts. This is a pre-basted view of the Celtic Christmas quilt I'm finishing for my Dad and his wife. I've completed the quiliting in the center block and am finishing the quilting on the borders now. Then I just have the binding and hanging sleeve to put on. Of course, this all has to be done - TODAY - since we are leaving tomorrow for points south for the family conclave.


In between quilting sessions, I finished two more pair of slippers, knit two cotton washcloths for a friend who requested some and have re-designed the slingshot from knitty.com to work with some Peaches 'n Cream yarn I had in stash. I also finished DD#1's Fetchings and spent some time going through old Interweave Knit magazines looking at patterns for the Shimmer.


On a "Murphy's Law" note, my new washing machine is leaking. They can't send a repair man until next Thursday. With my gimpy back, laundry has been a very difficult chore to get done, anyway, so having more than a week's worth backlogged is going to make for an interesting post-holiday experience.


On the furry front, my kids managed to feed the cats twice last night, so they have a little food in their dish yet. So I made the strategic decision not to feed my knitting companion right away this morning. So she's pacing across the desk in front of my face, swishing her tail up my nose and stepping on the keyboard at random intervals, to remind me that I have been remiss in my cat care responsibilities. So I'd best not continue this post, lest she decide to add her own post-script. Merry Christmas to all and a Blessed New Year, too.

1 comment:

Sheepish Annie said...

That quilt is just beautiful. The one I started this past summer is still sitting untouched. I have a fear of binding. I sorta didn't actually bother to learn how to do that...newbie quilters are easily flummoxed, I suppose!

Have a wonderful holiday and a well-deserved break!