Friday, February 08, 2008

Whew!!!! Sewing Room Friday

I finished the last two costume pieces this morning. It's been a marathon month of sewing but I'm very proud and pleased with how much I accomplished. Interested in the final tally?

8 Unitards for wolves
4 Teacup tank tops
4 Teacup pillbox hat foundations
5 Saucer pleated skirts
3 Peasant style blouses
3 Villager skirts
1 Villager vest
2 Underskirts
2 Male shirts
1 Dress (Mrs. Potts)
2 Mop caps
1 Neckerchief
1 Apron

Cut out:
4 Teacup skirts
1 pair of pants
1 men's vest

In addition, I also helped embellish Cogsworth's clock (a little - they put me to work when I had a spare half hour at the dance studio) and put together 12 outfit combinations for Villagers from existing costume stock.

Tomorrow afternoon, all cast members will be getting their final fittings and receiving their costumes for Sunday's dress rehearsal. We'll have a final "pressing party" tomorrow and then it's all finished. I'm bringing my camera to the fittings, so expect some photo-heavy posts next week.

I've had the time of my life but I'm ready to put the sewing machine away for a while.

Excuse me while I go take a nap!

6 comments:

livnletlrn said...

WOW! The amazing thing is how seamlessly :::wink wink::: you slipped into this costumer/seamstress role while also learning an on-stage role. I'm sure it's exhausting, but it's also clear that you're loving it. Break a leg!

Carissa said...

That list puts my recent and planned spring sewing to shame! I hope that your show goes off flawlessly!

Sheepish Annie said...

Good heavens! I'm tired just reading about all that sewing. I should nap...

Rani said...

Holy cow! You have been busy!!!

Put your feet up. Oh wait, you can't! You have dress rehearsal. I"M SOOOO EXCITED TO SEE IT!!

Guinifer said...

Holy cats! I'd start screaming 1/8th of the way into that list!

RandomRanter said...

Wow. Have some chocolate too - got to keep your energy up!