Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Dance Camp

Well, we're here at dance camp. Third day with four girls in a hotel room. We've spent close to 6 hours in the pool and many more cooped up in a small hotel room. Thank goodness for my crafts. I couldn't sleep this morning. I heard a thump at 4 am and got up at 4:30 to try and log on the internet. It was down (arrrgh), so I sat in the dim light of the bathroom and finished my first Widdershin sock. I'm ready to cast on for the second one this morning but am finishing up schoolwork with my younger two daughters before taking them swimming. I get plenty of knitting time poolside.

Of course, the beading hasn't come out, as I'm afraid of controlling all the little components in a small space, although I'm hoping to get to it yet this week. And the quilt has yet to come out of it's bag. But progress on my fiber art projects continues to be made, bit by bit, stitch by stitch. And after all, isn't life's journey just that, taking one step at a time.

No comments: