Wednesday, March 12, 2008

One FO and a Major Milestone

I managed to finally finish my February socks for A Year in Socks. It was a challenge because of the intricate cabling on such fine yarn and size 0 needles but I totally love these socks and will be clog shopping in the very near future. The March socks are already in progress and knitting up much faster. There should be little reason why the March installment shouldn't be done by the deadline.

I am tickled pink to announce that the log cabin blocks are already assembled into a quilt top. I have gone ahead and added the first border because the edges of the quilt need to be stabilized before the paper-removal begins.

As you can see, the paper removal process is going to take time and be a bit messy. However, it is a great t.v. project, as well as a good thing to putz along on when the kids are doing their bookwork for school.

Once the paper is all removed, I'll toss the whole thing in the dryer with a damp wash cloth to freshen and remove any accumulated dust and paper debris before pressing and adding the final borders.

Then I'll schedule some time at my church to use their tables to spread out and pin-baste this behemoth, in preparation for quilting. I haven't quite settled on a quilting pattern yet. I may have to do some experimenting on a couple spare blocks before settling on a pattern.

Keep on nagging encouraging me. I'm feelin' the love and am rarin' to keep on keepin' on.

3 comments:

livnletlrn said...

um, Lori? I hate to mention this, but I think you have a block turned in the wrong direction. Up there, in the corner.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
ha ha ha...just kidding! It's gorgeous and looks perfect from here! Did I make your heart skip a beat? Just trying to help with the adrenaline so you'll keep on keepin' on!

Sheepish Annie said...

I don't know where to look first. Both the sock and the quilt are works of art! Amazing!!!

Guinifer said...

Oh! Livnletlrn is mean!

It makes me want to jump on it and roll around - yes I am 10.