Thursday, March 06, 2008

Thursday random-osity

I'm certain my little note on the blog about the sold out Interweave Knits Holiday 2007 Edition and the resulting PDF pattern sales didn't make any difference at all but the Sweetheart Sock pattern is now available at Knitting Daily, along with many others. I'll still be stalking stores for special publications but it's a relief to know that there is an alternative if I fail to score an issue in the future.

I have to admit that this sock is a challenge to knit. I am having some problems with splitting the yarn while doing the cable crossovers without a cable needle but I'm totally thrilled with the results. A couple more inches of cuff left and they are off the needles.

I did start my March socks but I'll wait to reveal more details when it's far enough along to photograph.

I've been spending a lot of time this week making a dance competition costume for Dancing Diva. It's been a lot of fun and I'm nearly finished. Hopefully, I can get it done and photographed this weekend. Stay tuned for updates.

Shepherd's Harvest update: Most of the class schedule is listed now, although descriptions are not complete. I'm so not sure what I'm going to take. Anyone else out there planning on going and what are you thinking of taking? If I could only score a spinning wheel before May - then it would be a no-brainer.

In Project Runway news, I am stunned but not surprised by the outcome of last nights season finale. All I can say is, "Jillian, you rock. A new life goal is to own a Jillian design someday! Oh, and you were ROBBED!"

Now, what am I going to obsess about until next season starts?

3 comments:

Guinifer said...

Could Christian be more annoying? I liked Jillian too.

Rani said...

I don't know if I'll take any classes. I thought that a dying class could be fun, but I would need something basic. I AM planning on going, though.

Can't wait to see your March socks.

Rani

Ellen said...

I recommend watching "New Amsterdam" - if you can get past the "magical Native American shaman" part of the premise. The rest is good, though, especially, the lead actor. I've also been watching a lot of HGTV. And watching DVDs of "My so called life" with Claire Danes. Ah, to be that slim and redheaded!