Monday, July 02, 2007

Good things come to those who blog!

Folks, we have a miracle! As reported a few days ago, a very special blankie had gone missing over 6 months ago. After a long and fruitless search, it was decided that the blanket was long gone and we'd better just move on.

But, because of my recent post and pictures of the Lost Blankie Memorial Quilt fabric, a dear friend (and frequent lurker) popped in and saw the fabric photo and realized the mystery blanket in her house might be DD#3's.

When I received word that she might have the blankie, I didn't let the Peepster know, just in case it wasn't her blanket after all. When I arrived at my friends house, the blanket was in a plain paper bag. One quick peek revealed that it was indeed the right blankie. So with a grin that practically split my face open, I handed it to Peeps and told her it was for her.

Oh, the rapture and joy that filled the van for the next 15 minutes. The blanket was hugged, the binding was stroked, the special hand-drawn markings on the margins were admired and finally, the blanket was draped over the head of Peeps, who was just a little overwhelmed by her feelings of relief and needed to disappear from an equally joyful Mom's gaze.

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you, dear friend. We love you so much. God bless you!

(I need to go find some tissues.)

4 comments:

Tenniel said...

I am so glad it worked out! Sorry it has been hiding in the bottom of my closet for so long. Here we have seen each other weekly for the past six months and how do I discover it by reading a blog post. Go figure! good things do come to those who blog.

Sheepish Annie said...

Nice!!! They say it's always in the last place you look...but this is a bit over the top! Glad that blankie is back in the arms of she who loves it best.

Guinifer said...

And you get to be the hero-mom who can find ANYTHING! Yay!

livnletlrn said...

Sheesh, at least the kid can have some comfort from her lovey in these distressing times when the mama fell off the UFO/WIP probation wagon. ;-)