Monday, July 23, 2007

Shopping Spree

Well, Gnorm is on his way to the next hostess on the list. We had a blast hanging with Gnorm. My girls fell in love with him and insisted on toting him around the Landscape Arboretum and fought over who got to take his picture next.

His last day, though, I kept him all to myself. He and I finished my anniversary spending spree and topped it all off with an ice cream cone at It's Just Perfect, a charming chocolate shop located in an historic railway station in downtown Chaska.

However, I'm sure all of you are far more interested in all the goodies I brought home, due to the generosity of my beloved spouse of 20 years.

My first stop was at Coldwater Collaborative in Excelsior, for their sidewalk sale on Thursday. I missed seeing Guinifer and Rani but I did manage to go over my budgeted allotment within 30 minutes. I'm thrilled with my new yarn and needles.

Oh, and the beads were from Cosecha Designs just down the road. It was another first visit for me and the selection there was immense. I was overwhelmed. It is definitely someplace I want to go back to, just to spend more time browsing.

The seed beads match the Shimmer Yarn I got for Christmas last year. I'm thinking about making a beaded shawl . . .

The large, rectangular bead was just so lovely and rich looking that I plan to make a simple pendant out of it. The photos just don't do justice to this gorgeous bead.


Today, I popped over to Zandy's in Burnsville. I'd never been there and showing Gnorm the sights was a good excuse to burn the extra fuel to go check it out. Gnorm was a big hit with Zandy and several of her customers. I managed to find some sock blockers and some masculine colored sock yarn for another pair of Hubby Socks. I love that she also carries other needlework materials. With a daughter that does Huck Swedish Weaving and Cross stitch, it's nice to have a shop that caters to both of us.


Finally, I made it over to Creative Fibers in Minneapolis. I've been reading her blog for a long time and it was so nice to finally put a face with the name. She is moving out into the western suburbs in the near future and was talking about starting a knitting/spinning group in this area. Be still my beating heart! Unfortunately, with the kids' schedules, I can not make it to knit night at the local shop but hope springs eternal that she may be my social savior by picking the "right" day and time.

This shop sells spinning wheels, weaving looms and fiber for spinning, as well as knitting supplies, so it is another multi-purpose type shop. I am so lusting after a spinning wheel that I have a feeling this shop is going to be visited again - soon!

I picked up the Cascade yarn to make myself another summer shell. I'm on the hunt for the perfect pattern, so any suggestions are welcome.

Have you ever had that satiated feeling after a great meal in a wonderful restaurant when you're exceedingly hungry after a modest fast? That's exactly the feeling I am experiencing about my shopping excursions. I am feeling rich in fiber and utterly, blissfully content.

At least for now . . .

4 comments:

Guinifer said...

Very nice, veeerrry nice. I especially love the Cascade colors. No pattern ideas for you, but did you see the Knitty Extra? Pretty cute.

Sheepish Annie said...

Ooooooo...look at all the pretty! How nice that you were able to spend your anniversary spree so happily.

livnletlrn said...

My mom just made the fir cone lace shell from Vermont Fiber Designs. Nice pattern, but I guess it won't work with 2 colors of yarn, as you have planned.

What a bunch of pretty yarn to pet! I haven't bought any new yarn in a long time because I'm trying to cull the stash. However, I keep knitting and knitting and it just doesn't seem to be getting any smaller. How DOES that happen?

Leah bought a couple of skeins of Noro and a skein of Debbie Bliss Donegal Tweed at Webs on Friday, though, so at least I can enjoy everybody else's new yarn! ;-)

sheep#100 said...

Nice haul. I got one of those lace needles, too. Love it so far!