Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Baby Blanket



Here is the baby blanket that was supposed to be delivered last night. My friend did not make it to the meeting but another friend was seeing her today, so I'm hoping it finally made it to it's intended recipient today.

This pattern is a simple 4 stitch repeat that is reversible. I originally learned it from the Colinette Comforts Throws, Shawls, & Scarves book, (Napa Throw, Pattern 6 on page 11). It's such a lovely, lacy rib pattern that it lends itself to the less elastic qualities of the cotton yarn. This blanket is made out of Lily Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarn. By selecting 2 different ombres with the same creamy background color, the colors seem to be melting into one another. I just love this effect and have used it in several different colorways for baby gifts. A simple garterstitch border and no special finishing keeps this a quick knit with maximum visual impact.

I'm ready to bind off my first Fetching and start the thumb, so progress is happening. But I'm already behind on about 15 different tasks today so . . . bye.

No comments: