Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Confessions of a weak woman



Well, the allure of the new has caught me again. I just couldn't resist. I am a weak woman, I admit it. As if I didn't have enough WIP's and UFO's hanging around here. But all the beautiful lace shawls out there in blogland just inspired me, so I dug through all my magazines and found this Flower Basket Shawl in the Fall 2004 Interweave Knits issue and pulled some wool yarn from my knitting machine stash and started a new project. As usual, the photo does not do justice to the color of the yarn, which is a heathery lavender but I am pleased with the progress thus far. I have completed the upper chart and have made it through the lower chart 3 of the recommended 7 times. Since I have no idea how much yarn I have, I will just continue on as long as I can. I am pretty sure I have enough to finish the pattern as written but would love to make it a little larger, if possible. But I have no label or yardage info on this cone, so I'm living dangerously and just guessing that I'll have enough. I'm a wild and weak woman.

I've also been bold and experimented with html and figured out how to add a list of WIP's to my sidebar. Now this may seem elementary to those of you who grew up with computer languages and programming skills but for a 40-something lady who learned how to work within programs but not write them, it is an amazing feat of programming skill and prestidigitation. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating a little but I have to admit that I've invested a lot of time and heart into this little blog and the fear that one wrong keystroke will send it into cyberoblivion keeps me from straying too far from the tried and true. I'm very proud of the little baby steps I'm taking towards making this blog more personal and less cookie-cutter every day. So excuse a little button-busting pride here, while I swell with accomplishment. I feel pretty good.

All in all, I think I've had a great day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment!

I'm weak when it comes to starting new projects. The lace looks lovely.