Friday, August 18, 2006

Stash Enhancements


After a day at the park with the kids, imagine my delight when I found my mailbox full of this . . .

Since it's my tradition to give handmade gifts to special teachers in my children's lives, this year I'm making socks for my DDs' dance teachers. How apropos when I received the fall Knit Picks catalog and they had a line of sock yarns called "Dancing" that they were clearing out. So I ordered a number of colors and cast on with my new Addi's last night. As you can see, I'm already several inches into my first sock in the colorway called Tapping. The larger size needles are making the socks progress much faster than my previous three pairs. They should be a little larger, too, which will be better, since I make my own socks very, very, VERY tight. I'm repeating the Gull Wings pattern on this pair but will probably go with something simpler on subsequent pictures, since the patterned yarn will obscure most the of the fancy stitches.

1 comment:

nann said...

This sock will be gorgeous! I ordered some KnitPicks dancing in Square Dance, but it hasn't made it to my needles yet. Also love your Samus sweater band.

I stopped by after you commented on my blog--thanks so much for your supportive words. It really made my day.