Friday, August 04, 2006

More UFOs




Here are some more pictures of UFO's in my pile. These are blocks from a Red Hat BOTM I participated in a few years ago. No, I'm technically not old enough for the Red Hat Club but was looking for a quilt for my powder room, which is painted barn red. We had a delightful time meeting each month. The blocks were designed by the owner of the Quilt Sampler http://www.the-sampler.com/fabriclinks.htm in Chanhassen, MN. Originally, they were supposed to be raw edge, iron on applique but being a hand-applique fan, of course I hand-appliqued everything. The challenge of the club was to add embellishments. My particular style was to add hand beading to each block. The high top boot and tea pot are only appliqued thus far and I still have two more blocks to applique to finish the set. As usual, the class ended, life took up its usual frantic pace and these blocks joined my stack of unfinished works.

My blue tweed Widdershins sock is nearing completion, as I only have about 1 inch of ribbing left. I'm going to finish it this morning and then it's laundry and chores for the rest of the day for me. I like going into the weekend with a clean house and no dirty laundry. So heigh ho, heigh ho, it's off to work I go.

No comments: