Saturday, August 26, 2006

Flower Basket Shawl Finished






Well, after a marathon couple of days of knitting, my shawl is finished. I ended up doing 9 repeats of the main chart and the blocked top edge measures 64 inches. I'm sure it will relax and shorten a little once it is dry and taken off my design wall. Please excuse the poor pictures, there is little natural light in my north facing studio, as there is a deck and 4-season porch above my windows. My knitting companion was very interested in what I was doing with her lastest napping toy, so I snapped a photo of her modeling with the shawl.

In the meantime, I've returned to my Flying Purple Widdershin and am dreaming of the Fall 2006 IK Swallowtail Shawl pattern as my next challenge. But I have some Christmas gift socks to knock off before starting anything new. Then again, in a moment of weakness . . .

No comments: